Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 2 of a Newbie

I am now on my second day in my new job. Today, I just got my table. Little by little, I am being oriented about my job as well.

Does it mean I have passed the newbie stage? Well, not yet. This is still First Tuesday of the Adjustment and Absorption Week. Sooner, after all the firsts, I will lose count of all of them. And as I get adjusted to my new world, I hope to fully uproot myself from the old.

But not totally forgetting the lessons of challenges, victories and defeats of the past. Also, not totally forgetting the colleagues and friends that were with me through the happy and tough times.

Because it was in the lessons that I learned to become independent, at the same time, a team player. It was also in friends that I get the energy through tough and scary times.

Newbie stage will get tougher as days or even months will go by. I don’t know how prepared I am.

But there are no standards to determine if one passes the newbie stage; you just have to seize every moment.

And hopefully, be a friend to another newbie, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment