Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dear Miss Emma

February 9, 2010














http://www.flickr.com/photos/21245573@N00/902028231

Dear Miss Emma: Hi. You probably do not know me. But somehow, we are on the same boat.

You may be knowledgeable on counseling people – how to properly express feelings or emotions and how to help others face life’s everyday challenges. But you can not hide the fact that you only have eyes for one person. Admit it or not, but almost everything in you says it all - the way you respond when he says your name, the way you look at him, how you go out of your way to help him or lose focus on what you’re doing every time you see his smile.

You love him. Yet you can’t tell him.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not judging you. It’s just that I find it too bad.

Some (or maybe most) women develop feelings for men who are already committed – either married, about to get married, or taken by someone else. The thing is, men might also share the same feeling, but they don’t get to express it; they just can’t. So even if there could be something wonderful that might occur, this something would never be. Not anymore; not ever. Isn’t it unfair?

Why do people (women in particular) have to experience pain and hurt when all we just wanted it to love and be loved in return?

Why aren’t we capable of seeing beforehand the Right One – when and where we will meet – so that all we have to do is to prepare and wait? We could be avoiding too many mistakes.

Because I know that like you, Miss Emma, I’m tired.

I’m tired of being just the friend; of just staring at him from a distance, hoping that somehow, he will turn his back and smile; of wishing that things could happen the way I want to; of waiting for the right time and place because my heart knows he is the Right One.

I’m tired of wishing and hoping and more waiting.

I don’t know with you, Miss Emma, but I guess I can never get used to life being unfair.

--

Miss Emma is the School Guidance Counselor in the hit TV series “Glee.” She has her eyes for Mr. Will Schuester, the Spanish Teacher/Glee Club Moderator.

No comments:

Post a Comment