Friday, October 15, 2010

The Facilitator

wrote this last June 3, 2010.

It’s my first time to sit in the presidential table and be introduced as a training facilitator. It was so chilling – it was like I want to evaporate from my seat at once. While the assigned person who introduced us was reading my so-called “accomplishments”, I felt one hundred eyes – there were fifty participants – looking at me; I felt I was being seized up.



http://www.flickr.com/photos/16258917@N00/4323534986
 I wondered how seasoned speakers, facilitators, and lecturers ever get used to that kind of introduction, to that fame. Because personally, I don’t think I will.

On the other hand, I felt humbled. As a member of the convention secretariat on my previous work (it was one of the many tasks that I managed to juggle), I only prepared everything for a speaker. Now, I got to experience being prepared at – from my accommodation, food, and requirements, to making sure that I’ll get back home safe and comfortable.

I guess this is now my time. But I don’t think I’ll really ever get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment