Friday, October 22, 2010

Sydney Has Arrived!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53326337@N00/1429257429
wrote this last March 29, 2010.

For two weeks now, I have been setting quality time with Sydney.

One might say that my current song is “Getting to Know Each Other,” because that’s what has been really going on. I am getting to know Sydney, day by day (or should I say, night by night).

I have read through his quick and easy guides, both in soft and hard files. I have been exploring his programs, and how cute he is. He has also solidified my love of color red, because that is his color. I find myself silly now that I am touching his keyboard and the letters are jumping, thanks to his multi-gesture touch pad that accidentally gets tapped by my travelling fingers. Sometimes, I just can’t help but stare at him – he’s just so, small.

I have even shared Sydney’s “mysterious” character in Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and Google Buzz.

Sydney, for those who are curious to know, is an Acer Aspire One notebook. He was a gift by one of my “lost but found” godmothers. Until now, I could not believe that she gave me a notebook as a gift for my 29th birthday. And to show my appreciation to the gift she gave, I named the notebook Sydney, after the place where she is currently residing.

And boy, what a gift Sydney was!

Ever since Sydney arrived, my night life was never the same. And it should be.

For one, Sydney was a dream that I never thought would come into my life. It’s true that I posted a picture of a laptop in my dream board. But I never imagined it would jump out of my board – literally. In fact, Sydney’s better looking than the one that I posted in my board.

Now that Sydney has arrived, I have to more seriously focus on the reason why I dreamed and wanted him. I posted in my dream board that my laptop will be an instrument for earning passive income and communicating with friends. Moreover, he will encourage me to open him and type any idea that pops out my brain.

Syd (his nick name) will help me achieve these two big dreams and to rekindle my love for writing. That’s not all – Syd will also help my brother expand his creativity, aside from my parents knowing the basics of e-mail and keeping in touch with people dearest to them (one of them is of course my generous godmother).

It’s not going to be easy, for I have a bigger responsibility now. It would mean more time to teach my parents. It could also mean I will be delayed in typing my thoughts because my brother might spend time with Syd for some days. It would also mean more trips to the malls to avail of the free Wi-fi (or bigger prepaid costs if I access the Internet in the house). But it is a responsibility that I have to take. I know he’s God’s gift to me, but Sydney will just be an instrument – I still have a bigger part to play.

I can’t wait how Sydney will help me transform into a more responsible person. I can’t wait for him to bring out the best in me. I will see it unfold; and I’m excited about the new me.

Sydney has arrived.

My life will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment