Friday, November 19, 2010

Jolly Treat

I wrote this last February 22, 2010

I consider myself as a Jollibee Kid. Blame my parents for enrolling me in the Jollibee Kiddie Club, which was the result of constant visits to the fast food chain. It was like I was bound to eat Jollibee only every time we went out. As a kid, I wasn’t bothered about it. The minute I enter Jollibee branch, I immediately envision myself already sitting in one of its chains, with my spaghetti in front in my area of the table (Jollibee really had something to do with my love affair with my comfort food).

Though I was a Jolly Kid (a Kiddie Club member), I never got to spend a Jolly Birthday Party. We tried inquiring once for my eighth birthday, but my parents thought that it’s still best to celebrate in the house. It was okay with me; my vision of Jollibee eat-outs was enough. It was still a treat for a kid.

Later on, I learned to go out and eat with friends. I learned to go and eat in other fast-food chains, and after that, fancy restaurants. Sure they were fun, but the Jolly memories were always with me.

It is cool to get invited in kids’ Jolly Birthday Parties. Now that I’m older, I now have a different perspective with kids’ birthdays. It’s fun, of course. It is fun to see kids participate in the games. It’s funny to see shy kids who never removed their grasps from the pants of their mom and dads. It puts a smile to my face to see them eat their food and laugh at Jollibee’s antics. It was fun to be a kid.

It was a Jolly treat.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16071304@N00/3078531589


No comments:

Post a Comment