Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Missing the Normal

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82483656@N00/365288893
I wrote this last September 5, 2010

I am stuck in the house, conscious of the thought that I need to blink my eyes every now and then. I still check if the right side of the back of my neck is still aching due to a possible higher eye grade. At long last, though, that my cough is gone after a week.

I just got out of flu two weeks ago, but due to the eyes strain that I’m having right now, I still feel sick. This is the second week that I did nothing but rest. To tell everyone frankly, I don’t find it good anymore.

The sick week that I experienced is one for the record. Aside from I was the last one standing in the family before everybody succumbed to the fad flu, it was a fact that I had cough and colds two months before. Although I could say I’m luckier than my family members because unlike them, I only had a slight fever.

Being sick makes you weak; makes you stay in bed for a day or two. It also makes the food tasteless. It also makes you drop everything that you have planned. It also makes you miss the things that you do every day, making you wish that you’re well by tomorrow.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s not that I don’t want to stop and rest. I do want to stop and rest, but not because I’m sick. That’s not my type of vacation.

I want to get back on track because I have a lot of things to do.

-    I will still read a lot of books that will make my brains work;
-    I will still look at Manila Bay during travel to and from work, because I have fallen in love with it;
-    I will finish my two master’s degree subjects, and I want to finish it with dignity at least, before I say good
              bye to the whole course;
-    I will still make a lot of blog posts and promote it until my fingers give up on typing;
-    I will still run a lot of fun runs;
-    I will still pray a lot;
-    I will still make my dream come true, one by one;
-    I will still make a lot of memories with my family and friends;
-    I will still do what is needed of me in my work;
-    I will still write a lot of stuff, the ones inside my head that needs to be released.

So please, don’t judge me when I say I’m tired of resting. I want to get up from the bed and get back on track.

I miss the normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment