Friday, December 3, 2010

A Shangri-la Walk to Remember

I wrote this last April 22, 2010


I have never stayed in EDSA Shangri-la Mall longer than today. Between walking to meet my friends and staying where they were and waiting for them to pick me up, I chose the latter. I knew it’s the usual mall of the rich, but hey, there’s nothing illegal walking with them, right? Besides, I wanted to be alone for a few hours.

Brands that I know and someday, I’ll get to go inside their stores to buy:

1. Michael Kors
2. Marks and Spencer
3. Cole Haan
4. Naturalizer
5. Florshiem
6. Burberry
7. Top Shop
8. Ralph Lauren
9. Lacoste
10. Tiffany & Co.
11. Guess
12. Kate Spade

I sat down by the fountain after walking for thirty minutes, starting from the fourth floor. I longingly stared at the Haagen-Dazs but I resisted the temptation to buy, for a scoop costs P175.
I found The Nail Spa cute and amusing; but I remembered how good I am in cleaning my nails, so maybe I’ll never get to go there.

I saw a store called Audio Video Drivers International and got curious. It’s a store of everything AV gadget. I envied the staff as they watched a live football game using their cool flat screen TV while sitting in a very nice sofa. Hmm, I think I’d like to but those, too.

I walked past restaurants and got to see the uniqueness of their interiors; maybe I’d get to eat there, too. I just hope I’d like the food and that they word someday will be sooner.

I also saw stores for home interiors. Name it: kitchen, dining, bedroom, receiving area, even Asian and modern decors. Nobody’s going inside their stores, though.

It’s cool to kill time inside a rich’s mall every (like Shangri-la Mall) now and then after a day’s work. But I do hope that someday, I’d get to bring my family and other friends there. Not just to kill time, but to buy. I see butterflies and flowers as the mall’s ceiling decors. I think that day won’t be too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment