Thursday, January 27, 2011

It Wasn’t the Same as Before – But It’s Okay

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31878512@N06/4704140020
wrote this last April 24, 2010.

After a month, I got the chance to get out with my former colleagues at work. It was the usual talk-laugh-talk on the road towards our destination and during munching time. But I didn’t get to share much stories unlike before.

I have only been away for three months, so I know the people and the events that they were talking about. But somehow, I lost touch on some of the details; I kept on asking why to all of them. I don’t know much anymore.

Then I remembered; yes, it has already been three months since I left my former work. I have been away for that short time, but it seems like ages.

With that realization, I leaned back on my chair. It hit me: I don’t belong anymore.

But instead of feeling different, I just enjoyed staring at them one by one, as either one told a story or reacted to what was just said. I missed the times when I was with them at one table. At least they’re not talking about the work that they left at their desks.

Does this mean I’m having regrets about leaving? Part of it is yes, part of it is no. But as long as I’m given the time to spend with these friends again, I will just be fine listening.

It’s true – it’s not the same as before. But it’s okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment